Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Outdoor Exploration Scrapbooking Page Layout Idea

Last fall we took a trip up to State College in Pennsylvania and had a wonderful time. During this trip we took the scenic routes so that we could check out all of the northeast fall foliage. While on our trip we stopped by Penn's Cave in Centre Hall and took their cave tour which was fabulous!!! This cave tour is done by boat so you are in a small motorboat as it goes through the caves and caverns.

Anyway, I am just now getting around to scrapbooking some photos from our trip. I don't do too many nature and outdoor theme'd pages so this was a little challenging for me. I consider myself to be a frugal scrapbooker and I like organized and uncluttered pages.

My background is a piece of dark apricot cardstock with a aged texture to it. I forget which company made it but it did come from a Bohemia paper pack. The layout features five photos that I took and I slightly cropped each one down. I matted three of them on black cardstock and just made a photo strip (on the right) and tacked it down with double-sided adhesive.
The forth photo of inside the cave was matted onto black cardstock and placed on the left of the page. I had taken a photo of the park's sign and decided to use that photo as my title block. I trimmed it down and matted it onto dark red cardstock and then again on black cardstock, leaving an 1/8" around each mat. I used small foam adhesive dots to attach it to the page.

To finish up, I used my Cricut to cute out the word Explore, an arrow and two bats from black cardstock. I decided to add the two black bats to the page because bats do live in there and our tour was two weeks before Halloween. I did my journaling in my own handwriting and did it on the back of the page. Yes folks, if you like uncluttered pages, you can certainly do your journaling on the back!

Scrapbooking is all about doing want YOU like and not what the masses are doing. Be unique and be creative! While I like at other's scrapbooking layouts for inspiration, I rarely copy them. Most have no issue spending $10 a page, but I am more frugal than that! Besides, as I already stated, I like the uncluttered look on my pages! You can find more of my scrapbooking layouts here on my blog.

1 comment:

jopb said...

You Are so wonderful at coming up with Scrapbooking Ideas that are more interesting and fun to create. You give such explicit directions that they are easy to,follow.

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)