Saturday, July 18, 2015
Title: The Best Natural Homemade Skin & Hair Care Products
Author: Mar Gomez
Publisher: Robert Rose Books
Health-enhancing oils from around the world form the base for natural cosmetics. With these easy-to-follow recipes and widely available natural ingredients, you'll be able to create effective, soothing and about all, natural creams, balms, face & body oils, exfoliating scrubs, shampoos, shower & bath gels and lip balms.
The recipes in this book feature really lovely oils, including monoi oil (a coconut & flower oil that is a staple in beauty & skin regimens in Tahiti), soy oil, nut oils (macadamia, almond and peanut), seed oils (sesame, hemp, pumpkin seed & flax) and some beautiful exotic natural oils such as piqui, prickly pear seed, tamanu and argan.
This fabulous book contains 175 recipes for creams, balms, shampoos and more! I love how each recipe is laid out in an easy-to-read format, includes a list of needed ingredients & supplies and step-by-step instructions. The author also includes hints and tips throughout the book too! The recipes are really easy to follow and you only need regular kitchen equipment to make them!
Here is an example of some of the recipes inside:
* Baobab Eye Cream
* Baobab & Cedar Moisturizing Body Cream
* Baobab Body Oil
* Monoi Firming Body Cream
* Monoi Hand Cream
* Macadamia Face Cream
* Macadamia Skin Repairing Oil
* Flaxseed Moisturizing Hand Cream
* Safflower Cellulite Fighting Cream
* Safflower Oil Dermatitis Treatment
* Evening Primrose Moisturizing Body Cream
* Babassu Sunscreen
* Argan After-Sun Cream
* Black Cumin Pain-Relieving Oil
* Grapeseed & Jojoba Moisturizing Acne Cream
* Borage Hair Repair Oil
* Shea Butter Chapped Lip & Nose Ointment
* Apricot Kernel Moisturizing Body Cream
* Peanut Moisturizing Body Oil
* Plus so much more! Wow...this book is loaded with every recipe that you would need! At the back of the book the author includes a resource section that gives you information on where you can buy your oils, salts, clays, butters, etc. that you will need to make the recipes.
I really LOVE this book and can't wait to get started. Matter of fact, I just ordered some natural shea butter so that I can try out some of the recipes too!
Head on over to Robert Rose and you can purchase this book online and get information about it and other books that this publisher sells.
Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Robert Rose to review on my blog. No monetary compensation was received. My thoughts, opinions and words are 100% my own and were not influenced by the sponsor.