Sunday, October 26, 2014

Easy Christmas Scrapbooking Layout in Traditional Colors

For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to get caught up with all of my scrapbooking and finally found the time to sit down and work on my Christmas photographs from last year. Yes, I am running 9-10 months behind and now on a mission to get caught up before the holidays arrive.

Last weekend I made this 12 x 12 layout and I think it turned out pretty nicely. It would be great for a beginner who is just getting into scrapbooking and it only took me an hour to complete. In addition, it is also on the frugal size because it cost me less than $2.50 in supplies.

The title for this layout is "Season's Cheer" because I wanted a more adult theme since my grand daughter is growing up and now 5 years old. The background is a solid sheet of dark evergreen cardstock. I made my two border strips from green plaid print paper with each strip measuring 1 1/2" by 12" in length. The bottom border strip is accented with a red "JOY" sticker border strip and the top border strip is accented with a green holly & red berries adhesive border sticker strip.

I used one photo which measures 4" by 6" (your standard photo size) and framed it with a gold metallic photo frame. I then used a "cut out" of a spray of green holly with red berries to accent it and used adhesive foam dots to attach it to the page on the left side of the photo frame.

My title is a pre-printed piece of cardstock that says "Season's Cheer" which I matted onto red cardstock. I used foam dots and attached it to the page "off center" above the framed photo. I accented the title with a 3-dimensional embellishment of a snow covered house. To the right of that is another embellishment of green holly in a square shape, attached with a foam dot.

Down the right side of the page is a cardstock strip that has small pictures of holy, holiday gifts, red stars, etc. which I matted onto red cardstock and then used a glue stick to attach it to my page. Near the bottom of the page you will see another cardstock square embellishment of a candle and a cardstock secondary title block that says "Merry Christmas" which sits underneath the framed photo.

I didn't do any journaling on this page but you certainly could. I am currently working on the second page in this 2-page layout and my journaling block is on that page. If you check back next week you can see the coordinating page that goes along with this Christmas Scrapbook Layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)