Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cape May Beach Scrapbook Layout Idea

Last September we took the entire family down to the Jersey Shore for a beach vacation in Cape May. Along for the trip was myself, hubby, our daughter, her fiance, grand daughter and my mother. We had a great time!!!

While on vacation we went walking on the trails at the Nature Conservancy of South Meadows in Cape May. It is near Sunset Beach. They have beautiful trails that you can walk on that go out through the marshes on the coast.

A few weeks ago I started a 2-page beach scrapbook layout and already posted the first page in this set. Today, I wanted to post a photo of the second layout which features 2 photos of us posing for family pictures. The sun was blinding that day, so you will see us all squinting which is not good! However, I wanted to preserve these photos & the memories.

My background is a dark olive green textured piece of cardstock measuring 12" by 12". My accent background paper is a piece of printed palm tree scrapbooking paper which I cut down to measure 11" by 11" in size. I used a glue stick and placed it over the top of the dark olive green cardstock. To frame it up, I used chocolate brown satin ribbon measure 1/8" wide by 11" long. I used a liquid glue pen and glued the ribbon around all 4 edges.

I cropped down each of the two photos a little bit but kept them in a rectangular shape. I matted them onto dark olive green cardstock, leaving a 1/4" border around each photo. You can look at the photo for placement. I accented the left side of this photo strip with a sand dollar cardstock 3-dimensional sticker. I used a foam dot to add dimension.

The right side of the scrapbook layout features 3 key elements. The top is a journey tag that was matted onto olive green cardstock. I then accented the right side of that tag with a 3-dimensional seahorse cardstock sticker. The center element is a tag that contains my journaling that slides in/out of the palm tree printed frame tag pocket. The title is printed on the tag and it says "Memories of a Lifetime". The third element is a brown printed tag that I matted onto dark green cardstock. I added a green rivet at the top of the tag. I placed a scallop shell 3-dimensional sticker in the center that is accented with a tiny pearl accent. I hand wrote the words CAPE MAY at the bottom in green.

I am pretty pleased with the layout for the simple fact that I used items & embellishments that I already have on hand. I am on a mission to use up the scrapbooking supplies that I have (which are massive) before I go out and buy anything new. I am hoping I can stick to the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)