Friday, July 26, 2013

Scrapbooking - Free Happy Birthday Scrapbook Layout

Happy Birthday Scrapbook Layout for an Adult
My mother-in-law turned 85 years old earlier this year and I wanted to scrapbook some photos from her 85th Birthday party. I went to 3 of my local scrapbooking stores and finally found some Birthday embellishments that were not childish looking. I wish more companies made embellishments that were geared towards adults when it comes to making Birthday scrapbook layouts.

This layout was done in the 12x12 format and the background is a light blue printed sheet of scrapbooking paper. To save a little time, I printed out my two photos with a birthday themed blue border around them and then trimmed it down slightly to work with my layout.

I used 2 border stickers, one across the top and one across the bottom that features small birthday candles. I put the cardstock words "Happy Birthday" across the top of the layout and accented those words with cardstock balloon stickers and a glittered cardstock star sticker to make up the dot in the letter "i" in the word Birthday.
Happy Birthday Scrapbooking Layout
Underneath each of the two photos I built a "shelf" using 3 different sheets of pink paper & cardstock. Two of them are in a pink print and the cardstock is in a solid pink. I inked all of the edges in a dark pink to give it a more finished look and then placed my photos on top.

The rest of the layout uses pre-purchased 3-dimensional scrapbooking embellishments made out of cardstock - glittered balloons, pre-made journaling tag & pocket w/ribbon accents, 3 mini folders w/additional journaling sit underneath the photo on the left, glittered packages, Birthday stars and I finished up with a Happy Birthday ribbon embellishment underneath the bottom right photo.

Usually I don't use this many embellishments on a layout as I am what you call a "clean" scrapbooker who doesn't like a lot of clutter on her pages. With that said, I am pleased with how this layout turned out so perhaps I will start loading up on the embellishments on some of my scrapbooking layouts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)