Friday, April 5, 2013

Scrapbooking: Precious Baby Girl Easy Scrapbook Layout Idea


It has been about 3 months since I had any time to scrapbook and that is thanks to us moving into our new home back in January of this year. I finally dug out some of my scrapbooking supplies and got busy scrapbooking a few of my grand daughter's newborn pictures.

The photo's in this layout are of her when she was barely a month old and they were professionally taken by a well-known baby photographer here in our area. I wanted a quick, easy and very clean scrapbook layout that wasn't too busy or too cluttered and I think I accomplished that.

Today I am sharing one of the pages I made and the coordinating page will be shared here on my blog next week. That page is very similar to this one but has 2 photos, journaling block, a few embellishments and a mini birth announcement.

The page I am sharing today has 4 photos (3 wallet sized ones and one 3" by 5" photo). The color scheme for this layout is light pink, dark pink and pale yellow. It is done in the 12x12 format (size). I matted all 4 of my photos onto dark pink cardstock and trimmed them so that only 1/8" edge remained around each photo.

The focal point of this layout is the 3 wallet sized photos which I matted onto a shelf of paper (pink, yellow and purple printed plaid paper) with a scalloped edge. I off-centered the 3 photos across the paper shelf. I accented the left side with a pink & white sheer bow with a mini clear flower shaped button in the center.

The layout has 2 borders...one across the top and one across the bottom as you can see in my photo. I used rub-on words (Precious Baby) for my title and the rub-on words (It's A Girl) as accents. In the top right corner of the layout I made a flower out of 5 round pink buttons and the center of the flower is a larger peach colored round button. I drew a stem using an olive green marker and used 2 leaves (rub-on) to finish off the flower.

This is the left-side page of the 2-page layout and next week I will share the coordinating page which has a really cool journaling tag and pocket on it. Thanks for reading my blog and checking out the baby girl scrapbook layout! You can click on the photo in this post to enlarge it to see the details.