Sunday, December 30, 2012

Scrapbooking Layout - Quick & Easy Heritage Photos Layout

My great aunt and great uncle gave me 7 boxes full of old family photos and over the next few months, I plan on scrapbooking some of them to preserve our family heritage. In one of the boxes I found this large photo of my great aunt from the late 1970's and decided to start with that one first! The layout was done in the 12x12 format.

My background is made up of 3 different sheets of scrapbooking paper. The chocolate brown sheet measures 12x12 and has a light plaid print on it. I then took another plaid sheet in cream, brown & green and trimmed it to measure 4 1/4" by 12" and glued it across the bottom. The third piece is a solid piece of seafoam green which I trimmed to measure 2" by 12" and ran that along the top edge of the cream colored border strip. I used some paper ribbon to trim that strip up on each side that was green with chocolate brown. I liked the finished scalloped edges on that paper ribbon and it looks nice on the layout.

I trimmed my one photo down to measure 9" high by 5" wide and then matted it onto solid white cardstock and then onto seafoan green scrapbooking paper. I accented the top two corners of my background page with 2 coordinating photo corners to add interest to the layout.

Underneath the photo is a sticker that I matted onto seafoam green scrapbooking paper and then trimmed it down. It says "The Perfect Day". The title of the layout is "LIFE STORY" which is spelled out on a chipboard embellishment to the right of the photo (cream with plaid print). I then spelled out "Aunt Helen" using stickers and added them to the background on the right side of the photo. The final thing I added to this layout was a large chipboard butterfly near the top right of the photo. My great aunt loves butterflies so I wanted to add one to the layout.

I am going to take the layout into the assisted living center and show it to her so I can get the story about the dress, ocassion and photo. I will do my journaling on the back once I have obtained the "story" from her.

I really enjoyed working in the chocolate brown, cream and seafoam green color scheme and feel that it works fabulous for heritage photos. The papers are almost an exact match to the color of the dress she was wearing in the photos. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)