Sunday, October 7, 2012

Scrapbooking | Sun Surf Sand Beach Scrapbook Layout Idea

I am finally getting some time to do a little scrapbooking and today's layout was done in the 12x12 format. The layout only contains 2 photos which are of my husband and I soaking up some rays on the beach in Wildwood New Jersey. (You can click on the photos in this post to enlarge them to see the details better).

My background is a sheet of printed scrapbooking paper done in yellow, medium red and sky blue. It is a print pattern of some grungy flowers that also reminded me of suns. I then trimmed down a piece of sky blue cardstock to measure 10 1/2" by 10 1/2" square and glued it onto the center of my printed background paper. I used some wavy edge decorative scissors to cut 4 strips from medium red paper that measure 10 1/2" long by 1/4" wide and glued those around all 4 edges of the blue cardstock.

I slightly cropped down my 2 photos and then matted them onto light blue and medium red cardstock. I left an 3/16" border with the light blue mat and a 1/8" edge with the medium red mat. I placed them onto my layout using glue dots and overlapped the top right corner of the bottom photo onto the top right photos.
I used chipboard letters in a pale red to spell out my title of the page which is: Sun, Surf, Sand and used the numbers from the same chipboard set to date the page which is 2012. See photo for placement.

I used two cardstock glitter crabs (3-dimensional stickers) from a K & Co. embellishment pack to accent the title of my page and then used the cardstock glitter sea horse to accent my tag holder which I did my journaling on. The tag holder and tag is also from K & Co. and is a Tim Coffey desgin.

A very simple and uncluttered layout! I think it looks summery and doesn't look too crowded! I am pleased with how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)