Saturday, September 29, 2012

Scrapbooking - A Flock on the Wild Side Zoo Scrapbook Layout

Back in June of 2012, we headed to the Cape May County Zoo to spend the afternoon with our family. We had a great time and love visiting the Cape May Zoo in New Jersey a few times every year.

I decided to create a coordinating 2-page scrapbook spread featuring some of the photos I took that day of the various animals at the Zoo.
"A Flock on the Wild Side" - Page 1

This page features 3 photos of various birds we saw at the zoo that day, hence the title "A Flock on the Wild Side" which is a play on words aka (A Walk on the Wild Side). If you click on the photos in this post, you can enlarge them to see details.

The photos were matted onto dark red and lime green cardstock. The background is a sheet of brown cardstock with tiny lime green polka dots. I cut my own top and bottom border strips from lime green scrapbooking paper. The title at the top is red stickers and the A Day At The Zoo wording was made using my Cricut (from lime green and brown cardstock). The bottom border strip on this page has duck stickers and a FREE AS A BIRD 3-Dimensional cut-out which I attached to the page using foam dots.
"More Wild Fun" - Page 2

This page is similar looking to page one but minus the bottom border strip. This page features 2 large photos which were matted onto lime green cardstock and then I inked around the edges using brown ink. The title is MORE WILD FUN which I used the same red letter stickers from page one. The rest of the page is accented with various Zoo theme'd 3-Dimensional accents, animal stickers, etc. which I put onto the page using foam dots to add dimension.

Overall, I am really pleased with how this 2-page spread turned out as I normally don't put lime green and chocolate brown together. With that said, those 2 colors really go along nicely with zoo theme'd photos. The pages are not exact but coordinate nicely together. Since I used a lot of pre-made stickers and embellishments, the pages came together pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)