Friday, November 25, 2011

Scrapbooking | Sweet Escape Sandy Beach Scrapbook Layout Idea

Today I am featuring a 12x12 scrapbook layout that I made a few weeks ago with photos I took while hubby and I were on vacation down to the Jersey Shore back in early September. This page was pretty easy to make but it did take me about an hour. I titled this layout "Sweet Escape" as it was definitely a sweet escape to hit the Jersey Shore for week!

I made the 12x12 background using 3 sheets of cardstock that I got from Scrapbuck.com. The background was built on a piece of sandy/tan colored cardstock and then I ripped a piece of white card stock into a strip that measures 3" by 12" (approximate) and then I ripped a piece of blue cardstock to measure about 6" by 12" (approximate). My edges are uneven as I wanted the appearance of water, foam and the sandy beach. I glued the white and blue together and then glued those onto the sandy/tan colored piece of cardstock.

The 2 photos on the right measure 3" by 4" and I matted them both onto one piece of light blue cardstock and left an 1/8" border. I then tore a piece of blue vellum to use as the mat underneath the framed photos. I only tore the top & bottom edges and then used glue dots to put the entire thing onto my page. (cardstock from Scrapbuck.com).

My photo on the left measures 3 1/2" by 5 1/2" and I did the same thing with that photo as I did to the other two photos. (see layout for placement). I had a Soft Spoken (tm) embellishment pack from Scrapbuck.com and I used the "Sweet Escape" and the "To Do" tag from that pack to accent my layout.

On the bottom left corner I used Beach Theme'd Dazzles (from PaperWishes.com) to make a beach scene. I used some dark chocolate brown chalk to add some accent around the chairs to make it look like they were sitting in the sand and to make it look like the umbrella was giving off a shadow from the hot sun.

Like I said, a very easy layout in the 12x12 format which it took me 1 hour to complete but I am very pleased with how this page/layout turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)