Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Scrapbooking | Stay Cool At The Pool Scrapbook Layout Idea

Hubby and I spent a week down at the Jersey Shore last month and these photos are of us enjoying the afternoon in the hotel's outdoor pool which is beachside! I wanted a clean and uncluttered layout and I think I accomplished that. This layout is in the 12x12 format.

My background sheet is a piece of light blue textured cardstock from Scrapbuck.com I then took a piece of light blue print scrapbooking paper (yellow & blue tiny blocks) and trimmed it down by removing 2" off the top and 2" off one side. I then took a piece of textured yellow cardstock that I got from Scrapbuck.com and used that as my mat around the printed blue paper. I left a 3/16" border around the printed paper so that the yellow cardstock frames it. I used double-sided tape (also from Scrapbuck.com) to apply that on top of my solid blue textured cardstock background sheet and I off-centered it (more of a gap on the left side than the right side).

I had 3 photos that I wanted to use and I cropped them down, matted them onto the textured yellow cardstock and then onto solid light blue textured cardstock (all from Scrapbuck.com) and left 3/16" of border around all mats. I printed out the words STAY COOL onto yellow textured cardstock using my computer in a fancy font and them matted that with the light blue textured cardstock for my title block. I had a pack of Phrase Cafe Epoxy Vacation Stickers that I also got from Scrapbuck.com and I placed the blue water splat on top of the O in the STAY COOL title. From that same epoxy sticker pack I put the green water splat on the left-side of my layout over-lapping both the photo of myself & of hubby in the pool. There was a epoxy sticker in that pack that said IN THE SUN which I placed on the bottom edge of the photo of hubby in the pool to add some accent.
I had a cardstock sticker in light blue that said FLOATING so I mounted that onto yellow cardstock and then light blue cardstock (all from Scrapbuck.com) and put that title under the photo on the right side of the layout. Finally, I took the round epoxy sticker that says RELAX on it and put that under the FLOATING title/tag.

Note: I did use adhesive foam dots to attach my title block (STAY COOL), the photo on the right and the FLOATING title block as I wanted to add some definition and dimension to my layout but you can certainly just use 2-sided tape or scrapbooking glue.

I then signed and dated my layout in the bottom right corner. I decided to do my journaling about our afternoon in the pool on the backside of the page. (yes...if you like clean looking layouts you can certainly journal on the back of the page!).

This layout took me approximately 35 minutes to make and I saved a lot of time by using my paper trimmer to cut down my photos and photo mats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)