Monday, October 10, 2011

Scrapbooking Quick and Easy Halloween 12x12 Scrapbook Layout Idea


I love scrapbooking for various holidays and scrapbooking for Halloween is no exception. A few months ago I finally got around to scrapbooking this layout which features my little grand daughter dressed up in her Monarch Butterfly Halloween Costume.

I used a preprinted Halloween background paper that I purchased at Joann's in the 12x12 size. It had these cute pumpkins running down the left border of the page. I cropped down my one photo, rounded the corners and mounted it onto black cardstock, rounded the corners and mounted it onto orange cardstock. I left 1/8" border on all photo mounts. I then used glue dots to attach it to the top of my page.

I used my Cricut machine to cut out my BOO letters from orange cardstock on the #2 setting. I then did the shadow effect and cut them out again from black cardstock and then glued them together. I mounted my letters near the upper right of the page using a fine tip glue pen.

I purchased a premade file folder that had FALL LEAVES printed on it and used that to hold my journaling. It was really plain looking so I added my own black and white check pattern ribbon across it along with a hand drawn black bat that I hand cut out. I gave my bat glow in the dark orange eyes. I did my journaling and tucked it inside the file folder.

I purchased a few Halloween 3-D embellishments of ghosts, bats and a moon that had glittery sparkles on them and mounted those onto my page near the bottom left. I think this page turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)