Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Scrapbooking | Beach Lovers 12x12 Scrapbook Layout Idea

Back in early September my husband and I went down to the Jersey Shore and spent a week in our Ocean Front Condo. As usual...we had a fabulous time! I made this 12x12 scrapbook layout using one of those Page Kits that I purchased at PaperWishes.com and wow...it was super easy and super quick to make this layout. I rarely purchase page kits so I thought I would try one out.

I used a 12x12 background sheet that is done in a tropical island paradise theme. The page has a tone on tone tropical print and then down the right side it has small tropical postcards for the border. The page kit also came with some embellishments and alphabet tiles but I didn't use the embellishments but did use the alphabet tiles after I matted them onto chocolate brown cardstock and trimmed them down so that each alpha-tile had an 1/8" brown border. I used them to spell out BEACH LOVERS which is the title of my page. (see photo for placement).

I then had 2 photos of hubby and I sitting on the beach so I cropped them both down...photo of hubby is half the size of the one of me and I matted them onto light blue and chocolate brown cardstock, leaving an 1/8" border around each mat. I then put them onto the layout with the photo of hubby overlapping the photo of me. I had some beach theme'd Dazzles (purchased from Paper Wishes) and used the 2 tropical floral Dazzles after I placed them onto teal blue vellum and trimmed around the outer edge of the Dazzle. I used glue dots to put them onto the layout.

I didn't do any journaling as the page was busy enough with the postcard border down the right side. I did take a fine point brown scrapbooking marker and wrote the date & place inside one of the little postcards. Overall, I was pleased with the quickness and ease of use of this scrapbooking page kit from PaperWishes.com.


No comments: