Sunday, September 25, 2011

Scrapbooking | Our Flock Baby Birds Scrapbook Layout Idea

Back in early August we had a mommy finch bird make a nest in one of my hanging flower baskets and she laid 4 beautiful eggs. After 10 days later 2 of those 4 eggs hatched and we watched 2 baby birds (twins) mature and fledge the nest. From the time they hatched until the time they left the nest it was ONLY an 18 day time period. Wow! I documented the nest, eggs, 1 day old birth photo and the day before they left the nest I was able to capture another shot. I decided to scrapbook these 3 photos so that I could remember this special event.

I did this in the 12x12 scrapbook format and my background sheet of paper is a muted lighted sage green paper with a tone on tone floral print. I used a olive green ink and inked around all 4 of the edges with a dauber. I then took a coordinating sheet of scrapbooking paper that has vines and vertical strips on it and trimmed off 4 1/2" of it and inked around all 4 of the edges and then glued it down onto my background sheet as shown in the above photo.

I cropped 2 of the photos into a rectangle shape and 1 of the photos into a square shape and matted them onto dark olive green textured cardstock. I left an 1/8" border around the mat. I then used glue dots to attach them to my layout as shown. I used my Cricut to cut out a heart shape on the #3 size setting on light sand color cardstock which I then inked around the edges of the heart with olive green ink. I then took an olive green scrapbooking marker and did a little journaling on the heart and used foam dots to stick it onto my page. I used my Cricut to cut out the letters OUR FLOCK TWINS from light olive green cardstock and from dark olive green cardstock on the #1 size setting. I used my Xyron sticker maker to adhere them together and then placed them onto my page.

To finish up I took a tiny lady bug sticker and a tiny bumble bee sticker and placed them onto the page just to add a little accent to the layout. This is a quick, easy and very clean layout for those of you who don't like a lot of clutter on your pages. It took me less than 35 minutes to make this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)