Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Scrapbooking | Toddler Girl's 2nd Birthday Party Scrapbook Layout

Back in May 2011 we celebrated our little grand daughter's 2nd Birthday with a big party outdoors at our local park and playground. The party was done in 3 different shades of pink and white and in a Dora the Explorer theme. Over the next 2 weeks I will share some little girls Birthday Party layouts here on my blog for my blog readers. The layout above was done in the 12" by 12" format.

My background is a light pink piece of scrapbooking paper with a tiny pink polka dot print. I had a piece of scrapbooking paper that has birthday phrases all over it so I trimmed that paper down into a 1 1/2" by 11 1/2" strip and matted that onto dark pink cardstock. I then glued that at the bottom of my layout to serve as a bottom border.

The title of my page is "Birthday Girl" which I used a 3-dimensional chipboard piece that is done in pinks and white and has cupcakes all over it in the top left corner. It's a big piece that measures about 4" wide by 3 1/2" high and is adorable in person as it has glitter on it too. I used 3 photos in this layout which I cropped down, rounded their corners and matted them onto dark pink scrapbooking paper leaving a 1/4" border. See photo for placement.

I printed out the words Happy Birthday onto white paper in dark pink ink (it measures just shy of 3/4" by 3 1/4" in size) and matted that onto dark pink paper leaving an 1/8" border. I attached that under the top right photo. I then had 2 mini chipboard cupcake embellishments that I mounted on each side of that Happy Birthday name tag.

Overall I think this layout came out pretty good and I absolutely LOVE that chipboard Birthday Girl title piece! Happy 2nd Birthday to our little wee one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)