Saturday, April 30, 2011

Scrapbooking ~ Clean, Simple and Fast 12x12 Scrapbooking Layout

I love to scrapbook pictures of my family, friends and I especially love to scrapbook photo's of my little grand daughter Gia. When it comes to scrapbooking, I often don't have time to spend 1 hour per layout and when I am short on time...I go for the clean and simple look to my pages.

The layout above features 2 photos of my little grandaughter taken 3 days a part. We often have little play dates at Nanny's house so I am always taking pictures of her. The color scheme is in purples and lime green which I think turned out nicely.

My background is a piece of distressed purple 12x12 piece of scrapbooking paper. I then used 2 border stickers, one across the top and one across the bottom. The one across the top says "Memories start at the heart and live in it forever" and the one across the bottom is a simple purple floral pattern. They coordinate perfectly. I then had four 3-D embellishments which were purple and pink buttons mounted onto blocks and I glued them in each corner of my layout. I love the dimension they give to the page. I cropped down both photos, rounded their corners and then mounted them onto lime green and dark purple scrapbooking paper, leaving an 1/8" border around each mat. I glued them onto my page and had them overlap a little bit in the center. I then had two 3-Dimensional word stickers that I mounted onto light purple, lime green and dark purple scrapbooking paper (stacked the papers with an 1/8" border). One word sticker says "Cuddle" and one says "Love". I put the cuddle one near the top photo because little one is sitting in her wooden rocking chair rocking her Cabbage Patch Baby Doll. I put the love one near the bottom photo. To finish it up I placed 2 word stickers under the bottom photo and they say "Incredible" and "Charmer". I then signed and dated my page in the bottom right corner. I decided to do my journaling on the back of the page as I had a lot to say about those two particular play dates.

As you can see...you don't have to spend an hour working on a page nor do you have to spend a lot of money. This page cost me about $1.00 to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)