Saturday, April 2, 2011

Beffie's Boutique ~ Bamboo Knitting Needles Product Review!

Do you love to knit? If so, I got a fabulous company to introduce you to today called Beffie's Boutique where you can purchase high quality knitting needles, knitting supplies, gorgeous watches for us ladies, jewelry charms, knitting patterns, pre-made knitting kits and ready made completed pieces that were knit by hand! If you are a stylish chic and love unique hand crafted fashions, check out Beffie's shawls, shrugs and handbags! Wow, there is a lot of great things over at Beffie's Boutique!

I asked Beffie to tell us more about herself & her business and this is what she had to say. Lydia (Beffie) Johnston – retired middle school math & computer teacher. Ohio Knitting is now my fulltime passion. But I don’t like long needles especially if a project doesn’t need them. Many projects are narrow or overall just small. They can easily be done on needles that are only 17 centimeters long (7 inches). I couldn’t find needles less than 9 or 10 inches in length. So I have them specially made. Of course I had to order in large quantities. Hence, I have Beffie’s Bamboo to sell online at Beffie’s Boutique. There is no physical store. My website is the only source for these needles. The many booties my church group knits for the Community Pregnancy Center are made on size 5 of these short needles. The ladies prefer them. Another advantage is that we can pack a small ball of yarn & these short needles in our purse for knitting anywhere, anytime. I’ve traveled with them numerous times and have never had trouble at security in the airports. Needles are available in US Sizes 0 – 8. Also at Beffie’s Boutique are 5 inch double pointed needles, 27 cm circular needles in 3 sizes, Bamboo Pins, and assorted other knitting supplies.

Projects that can be completed on the short needles: · Baby items, especially booties · Coasters, Dishcloths, Washcloths · Most knit toys/dolls/stuffed animals · Mini- items (I’ve knit mini-sweaters, mittens, & socks for Christmas tree decorations) · Gloves, mittens · Scarves · Sleeves · Bookmarks · Doll clothes

My Review: I am an avid crafter but I have never tried knitting until about 10 days ago when I attended my first class. I am goig to admit up front that I don't know a whole lot about this crafting medium so I had to enlist the help of my 85 year old aunt for this review since she is an avoid knitter. Beffie's Boutique was generous to sent me a set of their 17 cm bamboo knitting needles in a protective case for me to review. Like I said, I am just learning and my first class was just about the supplies and basics. I am looking forward to class #2 when we actually start to learn how to knit. I took the bamboo needles over to my aunt's house to show her and she told me that 17 cm needles are hard to find and that she has never seen bamboo needles and immediately fell in love with this set. She told me that short knitting needles like this are great for taking your knitting products on the road with you. She said she prefers wooden needles over plastic or metal needles and she told me that bamboo needles are eco-friendly. So, I decided to let autnie try out my new needles for a few days. A few days later she told me that she LOVES them! She said they are easy to work with since they are short needles, they are comfortable to hold for long periods of time and that they are super smooth and glide through the yarn with ease. She also said that she likes that they have a blunt tip and are not super sharp so you don't have to worry about accidentally poking someone with your needles. I then asked her about the quality and she said they were excellent quality. So there you have it...the opinion of an 85 year old woman who has been knitting for 50+ years. I hope that after I am done with my knitting classes that I can become proficient in knitting too!

Purchasing Info: You can buy this set of Bamboo 17 cm Knitting Needles from Beffie's Boutique for only $4.00 and for an additional $1.00 you can get a purple protective case for them! Wow...talk about affordable!

I would personally like to thank Beffie's Boutique for allowing me to do a product review for their company here on the Passionate About Crafting Blog.

Disclaimer: Shelly Hill has personally reviewed the product listed above. Shelly has not received any monetary compensation for her review. Shelly did receive a free product to try out so she could evaluate and use it for her review. Her thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your opinions may differ. Passionate About Crafting Blog is not responsible for delivery of any giveaway items won from this blog. We are not responsible for injury or mis-use of any products won from the Passionate About Crafting Blog. Please read our Terms of Service & Disclaimer Policy before entering our giveaways. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)