Saturday, January 22, 2011

Scrapbooking ~ My New Friend Scrapbooking Page Layout In Jewel Tones

A few days ago I finally had some time to do some scrapbooking and had one particular page that I wanted to work on. This page has 2 photo's of myself and my hubby holding our precious little grand daughter. Right after Thanksgiving we gave our grand daughter an early holiday gift which was this adorable Moose theme'd figural nightlight. Once we gave it to her, she dragged him around with her all day long like he was her doll baby. She kept telling us that it was her "new friend" so I decided to name my page "NEW FRIEND" to remind me of that day.

For this layout I used a hunter green 12x12 piece of cardstock for my background. I had a piece of dark mauve floral print paper that I cut down using my wavy edge scissors and then glued that piece of paper on top of my hunter green paper, leaving 2" of the green paper show along the top and bottom edges.

I had 2 photos that I cropped down and rounded their corners. I then mounted them onto light pink paper and onto black cardstock leaving an 1/8" of an edge and rounded all of my corners. I used my Cricut to make my title MY NEW FRIEND and cut it out on light pink paper. I then did the shadow effect and cut those same letters out of black cardstock and mounted them together. The black underneath makes the letters really pop!

I had 4 cardstock stickers that I used in the layout (Adorable, Cutie, Pumpkin and You & Me) and mounted them onto the page using glue dots. I also added a chipboard pink flower near the top right. Under the bottom photo is a cardstock preprinted tag that says Cutie Pie on it and I inserted some sheer pink ribbon onto it for the tag. I made a pocket on the back of this page and wrote down information about the day and the gift that we gave to her and inserted that information into the pocket.

Yes folks...you can JOURNAL on the back of your pages which I like to do often when I have a lot to say as it keeps my front side cleaner looking. I like CLEAN and STREAM LINED pages. This layout took me about 40 minutes to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)