Monday, October 25, 2010

Scrapbooking - 2 Easy Amusement Park Layouts

Last month my hubby took our grand daughter to one of the amusement parks on the boardwalk at the Jersey Shore and Little G had a great time riding the carousel horses! We got some fabulous photo's of the 2 of them together on the carousel and I just knew I had to scrapbook a few of them! The following layouts were done in the 12x12" format. Scrapbooking doesn't have to be hard and elaborate as you can see with both layouts...simple, fast and inexpensive can be just as nice!

First Page: (layout shown above)

Color Inspiration - Gia was wearing orange and pappy was wearing blue. I decided to go with blue, orange and yellow as my color scheme.

My background is a simple piece of sky blue 12x12 piece of scrapbooking paper. I used 4 photo's in the layout. I cropped 3 of them slightly and used some orange colored frames that I had and glued them onto my page. Two of the photos in the horizontal position and one is vertical. I then cropped down a 4th photo until it measured 2" by 2" in size and put that in the bottom corner of the vertical frame. I attached an orange fiber bow to the bottom corner of the top left photo along with 4 tiny silvertoned eyelets in each corn of the frame to add some definition. 4 tiny little white word stickers finish off the right hand side of the frame. On the top right corner of the page, I cut a rectangle that measures 1" by 4" and rounded the corners from dark pink paper that had a mini white floral print. I attached it to the page using a dark pink brad. On top of that I applied a square shaped block that has a preprinted SMILE word on it along with a round ball sticker at the top. The top of the vertical picture is a 3-dimenional lime green flower embellishment with a rhinestone center. Under the photo I wrote on the frame both of their names. Under that photo is another rectangle in a dark pink print and on top of it us a fatter rectangle that says "CUTIE" on it. To the side of that is a 3-dimensional orange & yellow flower embellishment. I think the page turned out nicely, I would of never thought about combining blue and orange together in a layout until now.

Second Page:

Color Inspiration - Colors on the carousel horse.

I call this a super quick and easy page. I used a piece of cranberry colored paper for my background. I then cut off 6" from a piece of sky blue paper and ran that sky blue piece of paper down the center of the page. I had a piece of plaid paper in a cranberry, pink and pale yellow color and I cut off 5 1/2" from that and ran that down the center of the page on top of the sky blue paper. I cropped my 2 photos, rounded their corners and mounted them onto pale orange paper. I cropped again leaving a 1/8" border around the edges and rounded the corners. I glued them onto my plaid strip in the center. Sticking out slightly from the bottom photo is a left over amusement park ticket that I misted with archival mist spray to make it scrapbook safe. I used my Cricut to cut out my letters which spell out "Riding With My Pappy" from dark blue paper and ran those down the sides of my layout. I then wrote my journaling under each photo.

I think both layouts are cute and both are VERY different from one another.

Happy Scrapbooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)