Saturday, July 31, 2010

Free Plastic Canvas - Barbie Doll Chair Pattern

Now that my little granddaughter is growing older and soon she will love to play with Barbie Dolls, I have been busy making furniture, clothing and accessories for her. Today I am sharing how I made a Barbie Doll - 11 1/2" Fashion Doll chair out of plastic canvas and some yarn.

From 14 ct. Plastic Canvas you will need to cut the following pieces:

1 seat - 19 holes by 19 holes
2 seat backs - 19 holes by 22 holes high
4 leg pieces - 19 holes by 18 holes high

You will need to cut your leg pieces into an A shape like what I show in the photo. For my 2 seat back pieces, I angled the top corners to give interest to it but you can leave yours straight.



Stitching: I did a simple tent stitch but I did it over 3 holes at a time going top to bottom to make vertical rows. I used 4-ply Red Heart Yarn. You will first stitch your seat, seat backs and then the legs, leaving all outer edges unfinished. Once done, place the 2 seat backs wrong sides together and stitch them together using a whip stitch but leave the bottom edge unfinished. Stitch 3 of the chair leg sections to the seat. Place the seat back and 4th leg section together and whip stitch to the remaining unfinished edge of the seat. Finish up by stitching around the legs and openings so that your chair has no unfinished edges.

I will be posting the instructions for the side table and rug in a few days or you can find free Barbie Doll Patterns here on my blog.

You can find more free plastic canvas patterns --> HERE



Happy Stitching!
Shelly

No comments: