Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Darling Paper Mache Handpainted Christmas Tree Ornaments Pattern

For the past 7 months I have been participating in an online holiday ornament craft exchange with a few friends. One of my friends in that group made all of us these adoreable handpainted paper mache Christmas Tree ornaments! Oh my...I love the ornament and can't wait to make a few of them myself come fall when I get busy making my holiday ornaments and package toppers.

From looking at the ornament she sent to me, it appears to be a paper mache ornament that she handpainted in metallic red and metallic gold paints. She then went down the sides with some gold glitter glue (on the edges). She used some 3-dimensial puffy paint in red and green and drew squiggle lines & dots on the ornaments side panels. She also glued on some flat-backed red & green plastic gems to add even more sparkly effect. I really like what she did to the top of the ornament...looks like snow fell on it! I am now sure if she uses that fake snow paint or if she used white paint & sprinkled glittered on it while it was still wet.

To finish off the ornament, she used green ribbon and tied it into a bow & accented the bow with a red button with a plastic gem glued in the center.

Now how cute is that???? oh...I just love it!!!

Shelly

No comments: