Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How To Make Paper Cupcake Treat Box Party Favors


Back in April 2009, I held a large baby shower for my daughter who was pregnant with her first child. We were expecting 65 guests and ended up with 69...so over all, it was a huge baby shower!

Anyway, we did a theme...she wanted a care bears and a cupcake girlie theme so that is what we did. I wanted to make some cupcake treat box party favors and found a cupcake template over on the Paper Wishes web site ---> HERE I purchased the template and it arrived about a week later.

The template has 2 different designs on it along with a little cupcake shaped hang tag. I went out and purchased scrapbooking paper to go along with the pink theme of the baby shower (yes, she had a baby girl). The template has a paper cherry part to it but I decided to use red and pink 1" pom-poms for our cherries and just tacked them on top of the paper cupcakes using scrapbooking glue dots.

It's hard to tell by my photo's (flash issues) but I used baby pink paper to make the cupcake and black paper with a pink print for the cupcake holder.

Inside the cupcake party favor treat boxes I put candies and little baby novelty items. It took me about 6 weeks to make up 70 of the cupcake boxes but it was well worth it as they were a huge hit at my daughters baby shower.


~ Shelly ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)