Saturday, January 9, 2010

Adoreable Country Primitive Spring Chicken Shelf Sitter


A few weeks ago I found this vintage unused pattern at one of our local thrift stores for .50 cents and decided to purchase it. I love vintage patterns, especially when they are cheap!

This pattern is copyright 1993 by Plain Jane Creations out of Shoreview, MN. I tried to find a web site, but couldn't locate one. The pattern is #117 and is titled 'The Mc Clucks' and its too cute.

After lunch today, I finally had time to sit down and do some sewing and decided to do this one since I had all of the supplies on hand.

Her pattern was pretty easy to follow...however, I don't recommend making your own orange binding to make the chicken legs, it was very tedious so next time I will purchase the single-fold binding at the store and use it to save time and a headache LOL. She used white cotton fleece to make the chicken wings and I opted to use Warm and Natural batting which worked out perfectly fine. She also made a wire hanger to hang hers...I opted to make mine a shelf sitter as I plan on sitting him on a shelf come spring when I do my spring and Easter displays. Other than those changes, I pretty much followed her pattern and instructions.

I think Miss McCluck turned out way cute and I am considering making some for my spring craft shows. What do you think?

I am not sure what other patterns this designer has made...but I rate this pattern packet a 7 out of 10 stars on ease of use and design.


Note: I have not been compensated in any way for this pattern/project review. I personally purchased the pattern and used it. If you purchase it, your opinion and use might differ from mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)