Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Play Food - How To Make Felt Strawberries


I was having a little difficulty with making the perfect felt strawberries for my grand daughters felt food playset that I have been making the past few months and then found this great FREE online Tutorial over on the Mr. Monkey Suit Blog. You can head on over and learn how to make them too at ----> HERE

Instead of making 'stitched' strawberry seeds, I chose to use tiny white seed beads and hand sew them onto my felt strawberries...I just prefer the look and thought it made them look more realistic. I also played around with the pattern size because I wanted small and medium strawberries...after all, strawberries vary in size :) I also added a little green stem using 6 strands of dark green embroidery floss.

You can find the rest of my felt foodie patterns ---> HERE I will be posting many more to my blog during the next few weeks so please follow my blog or bookmark it so you can find them.


Happy Crafting!

~ Shelly ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)