Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Country Style Homespun Snowman Pillow



I wanted to make a holiday pillow for a friend who just adores snowmen so I went online and found a pattern by searching for free country style coloring pages. You can find the snowman pattern plus other country coloring page patterns on the Gingerbread Nook web site.

I printed out the coloring page and then used my light box to trace it onto tea dyed muslin fabric using a disappearing marker. I used some crayons to color in some of the areas on the fabric and then used black DMC floss and stitched the outline. I then cut out 2" wide strips from navy blue homespun fabric and sewed them onto the front to frame the stitched design. After measuring my front panel, I cut out a backing from navy blue homespun.

You will want to pin the front and back together with the right sides facing. Sew around 3 edges and 1/2 of the 4th edge. Turn fabric inside out so that the right side is now on the outside. Fill the pillow with some fiberfill stuffing and hand sew the opening closed.

A very simple and easy project to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)