Friday, March 14, 2014

Scrapbooking - Fun in the Swimming Pool Scrapbook Layout Idea

I love to scrapbook but I own way too many supplies! I have 7 large boxes of scrapbooking scraps and leftover supplies from other projects that I really need to use up! They take up way too much space and are collecting dust. So, over the next few weeks when I sit down to scrapbook and/or do my card making, I am concentrating on using up some of my scraps & leftovers!

Last week I did this 12x12" scrapbook layout and it features 2 photos of the family enjoying the swimming pool while we were on vacation back in early September to the Jersey Shore. Everything used in this layout was taken from my scrap box except the 12x12" piece of turquoise textured cardstock which I used for my background.

Since I was determined to use scraps, I knew it would be a pretty basic, quick and easy layout to complete. I made a left border strip out of light blue print paper and then edged it out in orange print paper using a wave edge to add interest. I used a piece of scrap orange print floral ribbon and threaded a chipboard piece onto that and it says "Soak Up The Sun" on it. I used glue dots to put it onto my border strip and then stacked some orange and yellow buttons together to finish off the ends of the ribbon.
I cropped down both photos and then framed them out on matching light blue print paper and orange print paper. I made my own journaling block and it resembles a beach towel. I simply cut a rectangle from white paper, inked around the edges, glued it onto the blue print paper and inked the edges again. From that orange paper I cut a strip and fringed it to look like the fringe at the end of a towel. I tucked this underneath the bottom photo and left some of it stick out to use as my journaling block. I added a Splish Splash sticker onto it and did the journaling in my own handwriting.  I added a chipboard sticker that is in the shape of an arrow and says POOL on it to the left side of the photo.

My title block is a chip board sticker that says "A Perfect Day" on it with some rhinestones which is in the middle of the page, but off-center. I accented the top photo with a metal palm tree and brown brads to resemble the coconuts. I added an orange thing-a-ma-jig to the top of the photo and a large round orange self-adhesive rhinestone to that.

Overall, I am pretty pleased that I used up several items from my scrap & leftover box to make this layout. It's a simple, quick and clean layout with not a lot of clutter! Yay, just the way I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)