Friday, March 28, 2014

Best Beach Vacation Ever Scrapbook Layout Idea

Best Beach Vacation Ever Scrapbook Layout
Recently I have been experimenting with using some of those handy dandy scrapbook Dazzles that everyone has been raving about it. While I agree they are easy-to-use, I often have a hard time incorporating them into my scrapbook layouts.

A few weeks ago I purchased a lot of those Dazzles and decided to finally get busy using some of them on my layouts. This is a beach scrapbook layout that measures 12" x 12" size and is a great layout for those who are just getting into scrapbooking or for those who don't want to spend 2 hours working on one page. Quick, Easy & Inexpensive for Sure!

My background consists of one 12" by 12" sheet of printed scrapbook paper done in various shades of green and blue...wavy print which I ran horizontal to remind me of ocean waves. I then cut a piece of medium blue paper to measure 12" by 4" in size and ran that down the right side of the page. I cute a piece of sage green paper that measures 1/4" by 12" and ran that down the page too, to finish off the edges.
I had four photos that I needed to get onto the page so I did them in a grid style and matted them onto light blue, then sage green and then dark blue scrapbook papers. The light blue mat has a 3/16" border, the sage green a 1/8" border and the dark blue a 3/16" border. For newbies, it is basically a big old rectangle of photos that are matted onto three different sheets of paper.

I then placed that onto my background using adhesive. I accented the left side of the photo mat with 3 round gel stickers, each in a different beach theme. I really love using those 3-dimensional gel stickers on my pages as it adds a little something extra & special to them.

Now the Dazzles...I took the VACATION dazzle sticker and placed it onto light blue scrapbook paper. I then used my tiny scissors and cut out around it, cutting close to the black Dazzle outline edge. I used foam dots to place it onto my page. For the "The", "Best" and "Ever" I just pulled those off the backing sheet and placed them directly onto my background sheet.

I did just a tad of journaling in my own handwriting across the bottom of the scrapbook layout. I don't like overly-busy and cluttered layouts so I keep my journaling simple on this one and left my large photographs speak for themselves. You can click on the photos to enlarge them to see the details better. Happy Scrapbooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)