Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Building A Sandcastle Beach Scrapbook Layout Idea

Back in early September we took our annual big family vacation down to the Jersey Shore. This was the 4th time we have taken our little grand daughter down to the beach with us and now that she is getting older, it is getting more fun! She is now 4 1/2 years old so we spent one entire day out playing on the beach. We built some sandcastles, dug holes in the sand, played in the ocean, collected seashells and so forth.

This particular scrapbook layout was done in the 12x12 format size and it features 6 photos that I took that day. I am currently working on the coordinating page to this one which will contain the bulk of the journaling. I wanted to keep this page pretty clean so that the photos spoke for themselves.

My background is a simple textured sheet of solid beige colored cardstock. I cropped down all 6 of my photos in various sizes to fit within a grid pattern that runs the entire width of the page. I matted all of the photos onto one big piece of royal blue colored cardstock and then matted them again onto chocolate brown cardstock. You can see the placement above.

I used all pre-purchased embellishments for the page. Some of them are Jolee's, one miscellaneous wooden beach umbrella (I added on the words Wildwood, NJ. and the year to that) and then some puffy gel-type stickers along the bottom of the page. I did some blue "ink work" lines around the entire layout to just add some depth and to finish off the look to those edges.

I added one vellum word sticker that says "My Sandcastle" to the top right photo because all day long my grand daughter kept saying to us that it was "her" sandcastle and she was taking it back home with us! LOL The photos I took that day of her and her Pappy on the beach came out really nicely so I wanted them to basically speak for themselves without being cluttered up with a lot of journaling which will be on the coordinating page that I am still working on.

Over the coming weeks I will be sharing about 15 more beach theme'd scrapbooking layouts so bookmark my blog and check back again. You can find a ton more that I have already featured here on my blog by looking in my scrapbooking category in my right side bar. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)