Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Easy - Summer Fun FREE Scrapbooking Layout Idea

I sat down last weekend and dug out some photos that I have been taking of our grand daughter when she comes over to our home to spend time with us. We are very fortunate that our grand daughter lives only 5 minutes away and we get to see her a few times every week.

I wanted to document some of the things she has been doing with us this Summer here at our home and decided to do a 2-page 12x12 scrapbook layout featuring some of those photos & documenting those fun summer activities. I did the layouts in an "altered" collage style.

My color scheme is in medium pink, light pink, white and black, so I used a combination of scrapbooking papers and cardstock to achieve it. The first page features 4 photos of my grand daughter doing various activities...crafts, playing games, building things, etc. All photos were taken during different days this past summer. I cropped them down...3 are the same size and one is a lot smaller and I used that one in my title block for the page. I used black ink and inked around all of my embellishment blocks & journaling blocks. I used a wooden "S" and inked that black too to spell out the word "Summer" and used black letter stickers for the rest of the word. The flowers and hearts on the page are glittered 3-dimensional cardstock stickers and they add depth & a little pizazz to the page.

The coordinating page is done very similar to the first page and features 3 photos of my grand daughter and in one of the photos she is sitting with her great grandmother. I wanted the page and layout to coordinate but not be matchy matchy and I think I accomplished that. The title for this coordinating page is "With Nanny & Pappy" so it's a continuing title from the left page up above - Summer Fun with Nanny & Pappy.

I used the same papers and the same cardstock with this layout and I used additional glittered cardstock 3-dimensional stickers in various floral styles. I decided to do my journaling in my own handwriting as I feel that many of us rely on computers way too often to do our journaling. Families like to see our penmanship people!!! In my journaling block I just listed some of the various activities we have been enjoying with her this summer.

Overall, I am very pleased how this 2-page 12x12 Summer theme'd scrapbook layout turned out! It took me about 90 minutes to do both pages and a lot of that time was me spent cropping photos & papers. The layout looks a lot nicer when it's sitting in your scrapbook side-by-side. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)