Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Play Food - How To Make Felt Vegetable Soup - Play Food Pattern


Here is my next installment on faux food - felt food items for your little girls play food & kitchen sets. This is my pattern on how to make a pasta vegetable soup all by using scraps of felt and its completely done by hand sewing all of the ingredients aka pieces together. A great little project to use up all of your scraps!

The container that I used to hold my soup is a plastic clear salad dressing container that I snatched from a local eatery...brought it home, washed it out and its ready to go (it even has a lid).

For The Pasta Bow-Ties: I cut out oblong pieces from vanilla colored felt that measure 1/2" wide by 1 1/4" long. I simply used 3 strands of vanilla colored embroidery floss and wrapped it a few times around the center to give it that bow tie shape.

Carrots: I simply cut small 1/2" squares from my scrap orange felt and folded them in half and stitched around the edges to make it look like square carrots. Use 2 strands of orange embroidery floss for your stitching.

Peas: From olive green felt, I just cut out 1/4" diameter circles and hand sewed 2 of them together around the edges using little whip stitches for my little round green peas.

Corn: Using scraps of yellow felt, I cut out a corn kernel shape that measures about 1/4" in size. I simply took 2 strands of yellow floss and just sewed them together with tiny whip stitches.

Green Beans: From olive green craft felt scraps, I cut out pieces that measure 1/4" by 3/4" in size. You will place 2 of these together and sew around the edges using tiny whip stitches and olive green floss.

As you can see...its basically pretty easy and you can make a variety of vegetables for your pasta vegetable soup and it's a great way to use up all of those felt scraps.

You will want to store your felt soup in a plastic container (see above what I used) with a lid so that all of the ingredients don't get lost.

You can find additional free patterns for felt food ---> HERE

Happy Crafting,
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)