Sunday, September 15, 2013

Scrapbooking - Family Birthday Party Scrapbook Layout Idea

Family Birthday Party Scrapbook Layout
Now that we are all moved and getting settled into our new home, I am finally finding some time to scrapbook again. A few weeks ago I did this scrapbook layout in the 12x12 format which features 3 photos from my mother-in-law's 85th birthday party that we held earlier this past Spring.

The background sheet is a piece of 12x12 printed scrapbooking paper with blue and white polka dots. The left border strip was made out of white cardstock and I used a Martha Stewart craft punch along the one edge. I believe the strip measures 1/2" by 12" in length.

I printed out all 3 of the photos with a frame on them to save some time...the frame is blue and has birthday stars & candles on it. I attached those photos to a square shaped piece of blue cardstock and then mounted that square onto white cardstock. I then inked around the edges of the white cardstock to add some depth.
Birthday Party Layout
I filled in the spaces on the square with some chipboard accents and did my journaling on them and accented them with chipboard arrows & tiny blue brads. My title block is made out of a pre-purchased cardstock title block and says "Family Memories" which is mounted at the top of the layout. I then accented that title block with a chipboard flower in the top left corner.

I decided to do all of the journaling in my own handwriting using a gel pen. Often times I think we don't do enough journaling in our own handwriting and I know future generations would like to see our own penmanship more in our scrapbook layouts.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with this layout because it's not gaudy and it's not too busy. I am the type of scrapbooker who likes "clean" looking pages that are not overly cluttered! This layout took me about 45 minutes to make and most of that time was inking edges and layering a variety of papers & pieces of cardstock together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)