Sunday, August 25, 2013

What to do with Broken Hair Brushes? Turn Them Into Candle Holders!


Here in our home we are really big on recycling and reusing items instead of sending them to the local landfill. When an item breaks or if its a left-over item that I think can be repurposed in a new or unusual way...I toss it into my Rubbermaid bin for another day.

Well...a few weeks ago my Conair hairbrush handle busted off. This was a paddle style hair brush which I just loved! I love how you can get pretty hair brushes these days and I couldn't part with the busted handle. I tossed it into my "craft" bin and went about my day.

Last week I had a brainstorm on what I could do with that hair brush handle! I decided to turn it into a candlestick to hold a votive and/or tea light candle! We do a lot of entertaining outdoors and I needed one to hold some citronella votives that I had just purchased. Here is how I made it.

Broken Hairbrush Candles Holder (Candlestick)

Supplies Needed:

Broken Hair Brush Handle (ours is from a Conair Paddle Brush)
Gorilla Glue or E600 Perm. Liquid Glue
Glass Votive Holder (we got ours at the dollar store)

Directions:

If your handle didn't have a clean break...file it down with a little sand paper. Add a generous amount of liquid glue onto the broken edge and sit your glass candle cup on top. We poked a hole into an empty cardboard tissue box and then put our candlestick down into the hole to dry...this way it stayed upright. You will want to let it dry overnight or for at least 8 hours.

What is really surprising is that it doesn't tip over and it really is a nice balanced candlestick holder. We have been using ours outdoors and love it! If you have kids or pets around...I would NOT use something like this for fear of it getting knocked over and starting a fire...so please use caution around them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)