Thursday, June 24, 2010

FREE Crochet Fashion Doll Barbie Sun Hat Pattern

Now that I am a grandmother to a beautiful little girl, I have become interested in making some Barbie Doll or 11 1/2" fashion doll items for her...such as clothing, hats, purses and even some furniture which I will be posting the projects as I complete them here on my blog.

Today I would like to share with you my pattern that I used to make this adoreable crochet Barbie doll sun hat.

Supplies:

Bedspread Weight Cotton Thread (for crocheting), I used Ecru
Crochet Hook size 2
Scissors
1/4" wide satin ribbon (your choice of color)
1/4" diameter satin ribbon rosette
Craft Glue

You will start off by chaining 4 stitches and then 15 DC (double crochets) in the 4th stitch from your crochet hook, for a total of 16 DC. (first DC is your chain 3). Join with a slant stitch in the top of chain 4.

Next, DC in each DC around but add 4 DC evenly spaced around, for a total of 20 DC. Join with a slant stitch in top of first DC. For your next row, HDC (half double crochet) in each DC around (total of 20 HDC) and join with a slant stitch in the top of your first HDC. Working in your back loops, make 2 DC, chain 2, 2 DC all in your joining slant stitch. Skip your next HDC stitch and make 2 DC, chain 2, 2 DC in next stitch, skip next HDC and make 2 DC, chain 2, 2 DC in next, go completely around and join with a slant stitch in the top of your beginning DC. Finally, chain 3 and DC in each space (not stitches, but in the chain 2 spaces) around. Join with a slant stitch in the top of your chain 3. Fasten off and weave in your ends.

To finish up your sun hat, cut a piece of 1/4" wide by 12" long piece of satin ribbon. Weave this ribbon in and out of the spaces on your hat and glue the ends to secure and trim off ends about 2 1/2" to make tails. Finally, glue on a satin ribbon rosette. For my Barbie sun hat, I used mint green satin ribbon and a darker green ribbon rosette.

I will be posting the crochet Barbie Purse Pattern next and will be posting many more Barbie patterns in the next couple of weeks so bookmark my site or become a blog follower (join follower box in the right side bar).

Barbie Crochet Purse Pattern ---> HERE

Happy Crocheting!

Shelly

No comments: