Wednesday, December 30, 2009

FREE Primitive Owl Fabric Pattern

I have loved owls since I was a little girl and I have a very large owl collection ranging from clothing, purses, thimbles, bells, figurines, jewelry and even a quilt. There is just something about owls that I love.

I think these primitive owls would look cute sitting out for Halloween! You could make them in black & orange colors :)

A few weeks ago I found this FREE online pattern to make a primitive owl over on the Pattern Mart web site ---> HERE The designer of the pattern is Shweet Potato Dolls N Patterns.

This pattern is a free online printable pattern that also includes a primitive cat pattern. She says the pattern is for ornies and bowl fillers...although I think he looks great sitting in a primitive basket which is what I have done with the one I made. (see photo above of him sitting in a primitive basket that is filled with dried pods and pinecones).

I made my owl using vintage blue velour tweed type of fabric that I purchased at the thrift store a few months ago. For his nose, I used a tan tweed fabric and his eyes are made up of warm and natural batting, black felt and brown buttons. I was able to sew several of these adoreable primitive owls up in just one afternoon. Since that time, I have sold about 15 of them at a local craft show last month. The finished size of the ones I have been making measure 6" wide by 4 1/2" high.

So...if you love owls, head on over to the Pattern Mart web site and download the free owl pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)