Wednesday, August 26, 2015

1st Day of School Scrapbooking Page Idea

Last year my little grand daughter started Kindergarten and I was honored to be able to spend time with her that morning and go with her to the bus stop. Like any good scrapbooker, I had to take numerous photos so that we all could remember this special time in her life.

This 1st Day of School Scrapbooking Page Idea is quick, simple and definitely frugal. If you don't like dumping $10.00+ into one single scrapbook page...this layout is for you! Everything used on this page was left-over items that I had in my scrap box that needed to be used up. We all seem to accumulate a little of this and a little of that!

My background is a sheet of 12 x 12 printed paper in a pretty sage green. Layered on top is a piece of pink floral printed paper measuring 6 1/2" by 12". I had two photos which I slightly cropped down and matted them on a piece of dark muted red paper. I then layered that on top of the background papers.

I used a cutout that says "That's My Girl" and inked around the edges of that with red chalk ink. I placed that at the top of the page using adhesive foam dots. Using a liquid glue pen I added a dragonfly cutout to the left in matching colors.

To accent my photo block I dug out some photo corners and added them to each of the four corners using glue dots. If you look closely...they are slightly mis-matched and I like that! Underneath the photos are 2 word blocks, one in pink and one in light green. The first one says "Sweet Girl" and the second one says "Cutie Pie". I used adhesive glue dots to add them to the page.

The title of the page is simply "First Day" and I used white chipboard letters to spell it out at the bottom of the layout. In between the two words I added a red heart cutout using a glue stick. To finish up, I used a white chalk ink marker to add white stitch lines around the outer perimeter of my page.

You could certainly add more embellishments and get all elaborate if you wanted to. However, I will like the uncluttered and simple look to this page because it allows the 2 photos to speak for themselves. You can find more Back to School and First Day of School Scrapbooking Layouts here on my blog.

1 comment:

jopb said...

This is a very nice way to remember Gia's first day of,school. What would you do to make sure it lasts? - put it into a scrapbook or frame it?

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Me A Message! Happy Crafting :)